Cub Scout Pack 533 and Boy Scouts of America are totally non-profit organizations. Pack 533 is totally parent run; therefore we need your help!
There are no paid personnel
running Pack 533. All costs for running Pack 533 come from our dues and from the below listed four (3) annual fundraisers. An integral part of scouting is that the boys should help pay for the Pack's activities themselves; this is done through their efforts in fundraising.
Pack 533's Annual Fundraisers:
Pack 533's Annual Numbers:
- BSA (Boy Scouts of America) Popcorn Sales (we get 33% of sales)
- SHAC (Sam Houston Area Council) Scout Fair Coupon Book Sales (we get 30% to 40% of sales)
- Pack 533's Annual Cake Bake Auction (we get 100% of this money)
- Averages about 40 to 60 Scouts per year
- Average unit cost per Scout is about $300
- Total annual operating budget os about $10,000
- Annual Membership Dues only account for roughly 50% of the total operating budget
- Annual fundraisers make up the other 50% of the operating budget
So parents, it is vital that we all share in and help with all fundraising events to fully fund the Pack. Families are expected to help their Scouts with fundraising in the "Spirit of Scouting."
BSA's How Scouting is Funded Link